Today we celebrate the birthday of Charles Shulz, the mastermind cartoonist behind Peanuts. With 17,897 strips published in all and characters recognized across the globe, Charles Shulz’s work is a legacy. A brief and interesting timeline of Schulz reveals:
· 1934: The Schulz family was given a black and white dog that was the inspiration for Snoopy; his name was Spike
· October 2nd, 1950: Peanuts debuted in seven newspapers. The syndicate paid Schulz $90 for his first month of strips
· 1952: The first Sunday Peanuts page was published; the strip was then featured in over 40 U.S. newspapers. The first book collection, Peanuts, was also published
· 1965: Peanuts featured on cover of Time magazine. The first animated television special, A Charlie Brown Christmas, won a Peabody Award and an Emmy for outstanding children's programming
· 1975: Peanuts celebrated 25 years. It was carried in approximately 1,480 U.S. and 175 foreign newspapers with 90,000,000 readers. The television special You’re a Good Sport, Charlie Brown won an Emmy
· 1984: Peanuts qualified for a place in the Guinness Book of World Records after being sold to the 2,000th newspaper
· 1996: Schulz got his own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame
· February 7th, 2000: California lawmakers declared Sunday, February 13, as “Charles M. Schulz Day” to coincide with the final Peanuts Sunday strip
Our designers helped celebrate Charles Shultz birthday with a great card and treat bags. This card is by Melissa Phillips.
Melissa also made these little treat bags. So cute and would be fun for a kids birthday party! (Or an adult’s birthday party!)
Jennifer Holmes also had ideas about treat bags. Check out this very cool trail mix treat bag. This would be really fun to distribute as a treat bag at a birthday party or at Cub Scouts!
We are so happy to have the Peanuts family at PSA Essentials. The Peel & Stick packs featuring Snoopy, Charlie Brown, and all of the gang instantly add charm and character to any craft project you are creating. My favorite is Peanuts Beagle Scout – they are adorable! To see our complete collection of Peanuts Peel & Sticks visit: http://www.psaessentials.com/peanuts.htm or check out these pictures below.
Happy Birthday Charles Shultz. We thank-you for your great work that we so enjoy!
- Card & Treat bag: Stamps: Peanuts Joe Cool (PSA Essentials). Other: We will flog Melissa for not supplying them to us! Email me if you are interested & we will get them from her! Treat bag:
- Treat bag: Stamps: Peanuts Collection (PSA Essentials), Paper: Kraft, Stamper’s Select White (Papertrey Ink), Ruby Slipper (Bazzil Basics), Tools: 1 3/8 circle punch, classic circle die (Spellbinders), Label Eight die (Spellbinders), Silhouette Digital Cuttter, Wood grain Impression Plate (Papertrey Ink), Other: Copic Markers, Black ink (PSA Essentials), Antique Linen (Ranger), cellophane bag, trail mix, foam mounting tape, Scor Tape