Friday, April 15, 2011

Molly’s Easter Egg Hunt: Menu & Cupcake Toppers


Using Martha Stewart's ideas can be a dangerous. For one, there's so much inspiration in the latest April issue of MS Living that it's easy to over-do it. For two, things start adding up and get pretty expensive. For three, you start feeling like…. well, you just aren't Martha Stewart. I have to keep reminding myself that I am NOT Martha Stewart – I'm Libby O and need not go overboard! The Easter egg hunt is coming up this weekend. Time to talk food & how I will showcase it.

Since the party is from 2-5 pm, etiquette would dictate no food is necessary. But what fun is that? I'm thinking a few finger sandwiches for the adults wouldn't hurt. Found this Smoked Salmon Tea Sandwich at – where else? Martha Stewart online. (See recipe here: http://www.marthastewart.com/313682/smoked-salmon-and-caper-tea-sandwich). Refreshing cucumber tea sandwiches are also planned. I am not a stuffy person, I just really love a good tea sandwich!




Also planned on the menu: cupcakes! These cupcake topper were my inspiration.



I created some cupcake toppers that I will show next week in my recap of the event! Now one thing I am surely glad Martha shared with us this issue: springtime cocktail recipes! No worries about letting her down here. I will be making one of the Spring Spritzers… Will it be Honey Vanila or Green Tea- Cranberry? Not sure yet!



Have a great weekend. Be sure to check back Monday for photos of the event & oodles of pictures of the kiddos at the Egg Hunt!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cake toppers, can't wait to see the pics of the egg hunt!

    ReplyDelete