Friday, April 8, 2011

Let’s Chat


Before Droid, iPhone and EVO, there was the Zack Morris phone. Urban Dictionary describes a Zack Morris phone as "one of those 8 pound cell phones that resembles a brick". If you watched the Saved by the Bell, you will remember that giant mobile phone. Need a visual? See this fabulous YouTube clip and be sure to enjoy the music at the end….it sure is something special!



Though I have a love of stationery and enjoy making and sending cards and letters, sometimes you just can't beat a phone conversation. I've recently been having a hard time catching up with my BFF from high school. She's a big wig shoe buyer for a major department store in the US. Lately, she's been traveling to China, Italy, London and I can barely catch her over BBM. (That's Blackberry Instant Messager – don't you love it?) I feel like I have to send her an invitation to talk on the phone she's so busy! I am proud of all of her success, and though we are leading different lives right now, I know one day we will be back on the same track.

Jennifer Holmes created this great "Let's Chat" card, and it's fitting to share in this post. I love the newsprint, black and white and the yellow adds a nice contrast and pop of color. The phone is stamped from PSA Essentials Frenchie Peel & Stick pack. I always wondered what I'd use it for in a paper craft – and this is an excellent idea.



Do you remember the Zack Morris phone? What would you use the telephone stamp for in your crafting? Comment today and let us know!

2 comments:

  1. I'd use the stamp for lots of cute keep in touch type of card!
    I remember having a huge cell phone in our car years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! That clip is so funny. I certainly just had a life lesson in communication. Didn't Save the Bell teach us so much?

    ReplyDelete