When someone gives you a gift, it is good etiquette to write a thank you note. But there are so many other occasions that are appropriate for a hand written thank you note. Here are some ideas that you might not have always thought of writing a thank you note for. We recently discussed the first one at my friend Ashley's house. Do you agree?
- After a wedding, send a thank you to the bride's parents, or whomever hosted the reception, rehearsal dinner and brunch
- After a job interview, particularly if you had a personal connection with the interviewer (you share your alma matter, you both like sewing, anything discussed that was a highlight in your conversation!)
- When you've gone to a dinner party, even if it's a very close friend and you brought a small hostess gift
Our design team member Kelley Eubanks created some beautiful thank you notes for you to create. I can see giving the first one to a summer camp counselor after the program's finished. (Add that one to the list of things you might not have thought of!) You could also send it to someone who's just hosted you at their beach house this summer – perfect, isn't it? She stamped the sandcastle from PSA Anchors Aweigh and colored it up to really bring it to life.
Kelley took the time to stamp each letter of "thanks" from PSA Vanilla Peel & Stick® stamps. She's also used the Rosetta collection on this one. I love the primary colors contrasting with the black and white.
This thank you card would be perfect to send to someone who's just helped you through a tough time. If you're sick, had a loss in your family, or going through something difficult and a friend helps you out, when the dust settles and you are feeling better, a thank you is nice. A brighter idea –this also works as a baby shower thank you! Kelley stamped the umbrella from PSA Carriage. I love how she's colored it up so perfectly!
It's true I will use pretty much any excuse to create a card, or to send something in the mail. (Remember my motto: USPS Forever!) What other occasions can you think of that I am missing? Tell us here today!
- Stamps- Anchor's Aweigh by PSA Essentials, Mega Mixed Messages by Papertrey, Paper - Kraft and Vintage Cream by Papertrey, Real Red by Stampin' Up. Ink - Jenni Bowlin Fountain Pen by Ranger, Vintage Photo Distress by Ranger, Other - Lily White Doodlebug Jewel, SU dimensionals, May Arts Natural String, Classic Square Nesties, Big Shot, Copic markers
- Stamps - Vanilla AI, Vanilla JR, Vanilla SZ and Rosettas by PSA Essentials. Paper - White by Papertrey, Black and White Basics by Papertrey. Ink - Jenni Bowlin Fountain Pen, Chicken Feed, Lemon Drops, Seed Packet, and Cough Syrup by Ranger, Reflection Blue and Violette by Superior. Other - copic markers, E Line Pearls by Prima, Stampin' Up dimensionals and corner rounder
- Stamps - Carriage by PSA Essentials, Loving Words by Ali Edwards from Technique Tuesday. Paper - Plum Pudding, Ripe Avocado, White and Polka Dot Parade by Papertrey. Ink - Versamark by Tsukineko, Violette by Superior, Jenni Bowlin Fountain Pen by Ranger. Other - Marvy and EK Success circle punches, Stampin' Up dimensionals, Cupcake Doodlebug Jewel, Black emboss powder by Superior, Heat tool by Darice, Copic Markers