Sunday, June 2, 2013

A Baby Sprinkle

Today I had the opportunity to co-host a baby sprinkle for my good friend and tennis partner Erin Carmines.  The party was held at the beautiful home of her mother-in-law Gloria Carmines with 18 guests.   Jamie and I were in charge of favors, decor, and flowers while Gloria graciously took care of the food and drink.   Jamie (owner and designer of Monograms by Jamie) and I with my love of party details crafted and and decorated an already beautiful setting.   The guests enjoyed shrimp caesar salad, champagne and wine, and great company.  Erin looked beautiful and her first daughter Alice enjoyed the party for a few minutes before taking a long nap while the ladies lunched.   It was a fantastic afternoon and at 4 pm (4 hours after the party had started, 5.5 hours after I arrived this morning) I checked my watch and realized I needed to head back home.  Here's a look at the party! 

Here is the guest of honor Erin and the soon-to-be big sister, Alice with her new purse from her grandmother   "Glo."



The hostesses Jamie, Gloria and myself pictured here before the guests arrived.  Aren't we bright and cheery?


The baby sprinkle invitation came from Tiny Prints -- still one of my favorite places for stationery and invitations. 


I created a welcome sign using card stock and ribbon to hang from the door.  The pom-poms and lanterns came from Oriental Trading Company.  They have the easiest party decorations at affordable prices. 


Here you can see Jamie's adorable onesies which she monogrammed and did the animal applique's on! She hung them from clothes line and pins which she decorated with craft tape. She found the Mud Pie burp cloths at the posh children's boutique Wild Whisperer on Calhoun Street in Bluffton, SC. 



Erin loves hippos (ever since third grade when she did a report on them) and knowing this, Jamie thought we should incorporate hippos into the party.  Such a great idea and was a fun personal touch for Erin. 


Ronnie's Bakery (Cakes By Lou) baked and decorated hippo cookies which I added a "oh happy day" stamp to by PSA Essentials to add a festive touch.  I thought they looked more like pigs than hippos but oh well... 


Gloria set up two tables for the guests to sit down to a delicious lunch. 


I created place card settings and stamped from PSA Little Bunny Peel & Stick stamps available at Swanky Press


Using PSA Little Bunny and Whimsy Cake Peel & Stick stamps, I also created cupcake toppers for the mini cupcakes by Carolina Cupcakes in Coligny Plaza. 


Guests really enjoyed them...classy picture Jen Witmer. 


The flowers were easily done - I got them at Piggly Wiggly of all places and barely arranged them into large vases. I also made 5 mini-diaper cakes and dispersed on the tables. I rolled diapers, secured with rubber bands, then tied ribbon around them.  I stamped "oh happy day" using PSA Essentials Just a Note Peel & Stick stamps onto pink paper and punched using my 1.5" circle cutter and adhered to silver paper punched with a 2" inch circle cutter. 


Guests seemed to truly have a fantastic time mingling before we sat down.







And enjoyed themselves when we sat down, too!






What a fun way to celebrate a new baby girl for Erin and spend the day with friends.  Congratulations Erin and we can't wait to meet your new baby girl.  Love you!





No comments:

Post a Comment