Tired of the boring standard plastic pumpkins to distribute Halloween candy? Elevate your trick-or-treating or Halloween party with these DIY treat cones! I just adore this idea by past design team member, Marie Ramirez, and today we are sharing a complete tutorial.
Candy cone template (Google search and take your pick!)
Halloween stamps by PSA Essentials, found here at More Than Paper
Halloween paper by Basic grey
1. Trace and cut candy cone template
2. Stamp image in a triangle pattern making sure to turn stamp slightly so they are not all going the same direction.
3. Glue cone shape with heavy duty glue
4. Adhere ribbon around cone and trim to desired length
5. Stamp image and punch out with scallop punch
6. Add stickles (optional)
7. Back with halloween paper and cut out leaving 1/4 inch boarder around scallop
9. Tape bamboo skewer to the inside of the cone leave 1 inch or more hanging out the bottom so you can stick it into styrafoam
10. Glue crepe paper in a ruffle pattern around edge. Voila!
I love how she has set the cones in a bed of candy corn!