Welcome back to Day 4 of Easter Week at PSA Stamp Camp. So much of Easter is about entertaining, being with family and friends, and of course – sweets! Chocolate bunnies, jelly beans, Marshmellow Peeps, Cadburry Eggs…. I love them all. Here are two more ideas with sweets in mind by our Easter crafting guru, Mae Armstrong. They’re treat bags and cupcake toppers perfect for any gathering you are having this season.
Let’s start with the treat bags. Using her Silhouette SD, Mae selected a scallop circle tag and scored the middle portion with her Scor-Pal.
Fold in half and stamp the sentiment on the front half of the label. Mae used PSA Eessentials Peel & Stick Topiary Stamp Set – the “Happy Easter” stamp for this project.
Fill bags with any treat and fold over and staple the decorative scalloped tag over the bag. That’s it!
To make the cupcake toppers, Mae prepared the decorative tag and added a bunny silhouette. She used her Silhouette SD to achieve this design. If you don’t have a Silhouette SD, use another die cutting tool or punches.
Then Mae stamped the sentiment Happy Easter using PSA Essentials Peel and Stick Topiary Stamp Set.
She added the wooden picks to the back and that’s it. It's super easy and dresses up any cupcake in a hurry!
Here are the cupcakes on parade with a fabric carrot from Monday's post.
Here is Mae’s cupcake recipe adopted from Food Network.com in case you are into replicating everything. Delicious!
Carrot Cupcake Recipe
· 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
· 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
· 1 tsp baking soda
· 1/4 tsp salt
· 1/2 tsp cinnamon
· 1/4 tsp nutmeg
· 1/4 cup canola oil
· 3/4 cup light brown sugar
· 2 large eggs
· 1/2 cup natural applesauce
· 1/2 tsp vanilla
· 1 1/2 cups finely shredded carrots (about 2 medium carrots)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with liners.
- Sift together the first 6 ingredients. In a large bowl, whisk the oil, brown sugar and eggs until well combined. Whisk in the applesauce, vanilla and carrots. Add the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Divide batter into the cupcake pan. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Transfer to wire rack and cool completely.
· 2 packages of softened cream cheese (8 oz.)
· 1/2 cup softened butter
· 2 cups confectioners' sugar
· 1 tsp vanilla extract
· 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter until creamy. mix in the vanilla and heavy cream. Gradually stir in the confectioners' sugar. Store in the refrigerator while waiting for cupcakes to cool down.
Don’t forget to enter our giveaway – last day to enter is tomorrow!
a Rafflecopter giveaway