Friday, March 30, 2012

Easter Egg Hunt - Wreath Tutorial

I see a lot of crafty blogs doing wreaths for holidays and Michael’s has a humungous DIY wreath section – so I figured I must be missing out on something because I’ve never made one.   What fun I had – I’ve been missing a whole area of crafting!   I made a festive Easter egg wreath for the upcoming Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday.

Here’s what you will need:

·         Foam wreath
·         Burlap
·         May Arts Ribbon in baby blue, yellow, orange
·         Other ribbon in pink
·         Plastic easter eggs
·         Hot glue gun

Cover the wreath in burlap first.   Wrap the ribbon in sections after.   Glue the first part and the last part for a secure fit.

Glue a row of eggs together.  I also created a “flower” with the eggs.    Start by adding glue to one egg, then position the next.  Go all the way around in a circle with five eggs, then top with a sixth egg.   Add both egg components to the wreath. 

I love how bright and cheery this is.   I made some notes to improve for the next holiday or occasion, can’t wait to get into wreath making.   The 2nd Annual Easter Egg Hunt that we host is this weekend, I can hardly wait.   Be sure to check in Sunday for a photo recap, and all next week I’ll be sharing tutorials on cupcake toppers, decorations, favors, baskets, banners and more!  Have a great weekend.

I was so proud of this, I linked it up at a few blogging parties on the web.  Check out all these great sites.

·         Creating Really Awesome Free Things -
·         Weekend Warrior Party – Ask Anna Mosley -
·         The Girl Creative -
·         Skip to My Lou - www.­skiptomylou.­org
·         Mad In Crafts – Mad Skills Monday -
·         Tip Junkie Inspire me Tuesday -
·         Sugarbee Crafts – Take a look Tuesdays -
·         Handmade Tuesdays – Ladybug Blessings -
·         Reasons to Skip the Housework -
·         Get Your Craft On on Today's Creative Blog
·         Show and Tell with Blue Cricket Designs -
·         Wicked Awesome Wednesday -  Handy Man, Craft Woman -
·         My Girlish Whims -
·         Linkin’ with Little Luna – Wednesdays Link Party -
·         Polka Dots Parade – Wow me Wednesdays -
·         Whatever Goes Wednesday on Someday Crafts.

·         House of Hepworths -


  1. I love this! I hope you will link up to my Hippity Hop Easter Project Hop.

    1. Would love to! I will link it up now! Thank-you!

  2. So cute! I'm going to post it on FB.


  3. Super cute! Love the bright colors! Happy Easter!

  4. This is really one of the best ideas I've seen in a while. I can only guess: Imitation!
    Wedding Dresses Toronto