Thursday, November 1, 2012

Scrapbooking with PSA Essentials


I started scrapbooking when I was pregnant with my daughter Molly as a way to journal life events in a creative and crafty way.  Only three years old, she already enjoys looking back to “when she was a baby” through her scrapbooks.   Now I am busy working on my son, Connor’s. 


Scrapbooking means a lot of different things to people.  Some people take snippets of life – a theater ticket, a napkin from a special event, buttons from first outfits and incorporate them into layouts.   Me – I like to have a more graphic representation of an event.  Just a few photos, some design accents and a little journaling go along way.   I almost always incorporate stamping into my designs now and I use my PSA Essentials Peel & Stick stamps whenever I can.   Check out a few of my latest pages I have been working on!

This page is in Connor’s scrapbook telling him about his mom and dad.  I’ve used a lot of stamps here from PSA Essentials Bouquet Toss, Smirk Kiss Me Now, and Mr. & Mrs. Peel & Stick.    I’ve also used the “xoxo” stamp from PSA’s Love Birds.   The balloon design was really easy to do.  I just stamped a few different stamps onto cardstock and cut with my circle cutter, then arranged and made “string.”   I love incorporating twine from The Twinery into my layouts – I think it adds texture and visual interest without being too layered.


This page tells Connor about his sister, Molly.   I’ve used stamps from PSA Frenchie in here to illustrate Molly’s girlie and playful side.  I also stamped “m, l,l,y” from PSA Vanilla Peel & Stick and used the inner ring of my Wallace style stamp “O’Regan” for the “O” in Molly’s name.



These two layouts celebrate the “non-shower” my friend Susan and my mother held for me.  Susan had a custom stamp made:  “2nd Children deserve a party too! – Baby 2.0.”  I was strongly against having a shower were guests brought gifts (being my 2nd child) but Susan insisted we needed a party.   The theme and stamp were quite funny!  The stamp is in the “Christi” style which can be personalized for any occasion, as all PSA Essentials stamps can.  See all the things Susan and my mom did with this stamp here and get ideas for your next party using a PSA Stamp here. 


Since he has been born, I haven’t had a ton of time to work on new layouts but I have ordered by photos from Shutterfly and I am working on the scrapbook this week.  I have a long to-do list of pages!   Surely I will be using PSA Carriage, it’s a Peel & Stick pack that’s great for scrapbooking about little ones.   Isn’t he cute?!

We have thousands of Peel & Stick stamps – for each occasion and holiday so I’ll be working my stamps into my pages.   I’ll be sure to update this post with new pages as I get them done! Happy scrapbooking - I've got lots to do! 

1 comment: