Sunday, March 31, 2013

3rd Annual Easter Egg Hunt Photo Recap

The third annual Easter Egg Hunt held by my husband and I and my very generous parents was a big success this year!  It seemed like everyone had a great time and the weather was perfect.  It was nothing but blue skies and the pool heater even allowed for a swim in the pool.  Here's a look at all the party details and the cute kids hunting for eggs, enjoying the party, and swimming!

I created a "Welcome to the Easter Egg Hunt" sign last year using my PSA Essentials Vanilla and Little Bunny Peel & Stick stamps.  I also created this Easter Egg Wreath using my May Arts Ribbon, hot glue gun and some eggs!


My very good friend Susan created these felt banners.  She was inspired by Dana on her blog Dana Made It. I strung them from the front deck. 


I used some printables from Design Editor like this "hop to it" and more throughout the hunt.  I created my own playlist for kids and created CD's as favors for the kids.  I got some table tent printables from my favorite stationery and party store: Swanky Press!  (She also did our invitation.) 


To create CD covers, I used my PSA Essentials Topiary Peel & Stick stamps.  I used coordinating cardstock throughout all my crafts to keep things cohesive.  My 2" inch circle punch here was a big help to add the "Happy Easter" on the CD cover. 
I created small votive flower vases for around the house and outside using my May Arts Ribbon and PSA Topiary Peel & Stick stamps


Our cake was baked and created by Ronnie's Bakery (Cakes by Lou) in Bluffton.   Also notice my Easter egg garland in the background. 



I created a pennant flag banner to string outside and stamped using my PSA Topiary Peel & Stick stamps as well as my personalized PSA Essentials Gillian stamp: "Easter Egg Hunt." 



I lined the porch with baskets from Target and paper pom-poms by Lilly Pulitzer and Favor Warehouse. 


This paint chip banner was an idea I got from Pinterest. I strung it on the beverage dispenser which we filled with lemonade. The cute bunnies are annual gifts from my mother-in-law. 


Susan also created this felt egg garland for the food table! 



I filled large hurricanes with empty eggs and topped them with a paper pom-pom for the food table decorations.  (Practical note: these took up too much space.)  My ribbon/stamped mason jars make an appearance here too! 


I strung paper lanterns from Oriental Trading Company on the palm trees.  




Hiding the eggs was a lot of fun.  I didn't do much hiding... 




I love the way the Marshmellow Peep Pops turned out!  I tied ribbon on lolipops and stuck peeps in them.   The grass I created using Easter egg grass, floral blocking and spray mount adhesive.   The "Happy Easter" tag was also simple.  I stamped the sentiment from PSA Topiary Peel & Stick stamps and punched using my bunny by Martha Stewart. 


For the menu we had a deli sandwich tray from Publix, I made tortilini pasta salad, my mom did fruit and veggies, and I also created "bunny" sandwiches of peanut butter/jelly and peanut butter and marsh mellow fluff.  


I love this shot of Molly's two friends Alex and Griffin.  They're sippin' lemonade out of paper straws (from Swanky Press) by the pool! 

Time for the egg hunt! 

And they're off! 











Time to swim! 




And that about sums it up!






1 comment:

  1. Libby - this party is absolutely fabulous!!! Love all the decorations! It looks like so much fun! Can't wait to use all the ideas next year!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete