Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Boston Trip

Stamping aside today, I wanted to share some of my photos from my weekend adventure in Boston! What a (mostly) beautiful fall weekend there. I was fortunate enough to travel up with my Mom (my hubby couldn't make it this time around unfortunately) and we stayed at my parents house for the weekend.  It was action packed. Between seeing my friends from high school and running around with the kids, there wasn't much downtime.  We went to the Boston Children's Museum, Museum of Science, and saw the Broadway production of The Lion King at the Boston Opera House. We went to a Haunted Maze and Pumpkin Patch and I got some cute pics of the kids picking out pumpkins.  What a great weekend!

We almost always go to the Boston Children's Museum with the kids when I am home. It's truly an incredible 3-story interactive museum. It's great for Connor because everything is okay to touch, everything is okay to explore! The water tables and the bubbles are a highlight but the whole museum is fantastic.


In the afternoon, we hit up this fun local maze and farm stand.


On Saturday, it was a bit rainy so we couldn't do anything outdoors. We headed to the Museum of Science for some fun!  Both kids loved the dinosaur skeletons, the spaceship simulator and the electricity show. That night, we got to see my cousins. The next morning, we had a playdate with my friend from high school's kiddos.  It was great to see so many people! 


Sunday afternoon it was time for The Lion King. This is the original broadway production -- it's the most incredible show I have ever seen. No lie! The music is fantastic, the costumes are unbelievable -- the lighting and set design is also so fantastic. Not enough adjectives to describe how AMAZING this show was! 


It was a very special weekend and thanks to my parents for being such generous hosts and helping me out so much with the kids. I really can't thank my mom enough, especially because she really makes it all possible for me to do these things. I'm back now and there's lots of work to be done....ready for a busy week ahead! Hope you had a fun filled holiday weekend too.  Share what you did in the comments below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment