Friday, July 20, 2012

Bridal Shower & Weekend Plans


 This weekend I am headed off to my hometown of Winchester, MA for one of my best friend Danielle’s bridal shower.    Unfortunately Mike can’t come because of work, but Connor, Molly and I are flying up with my mom and staying at my parents.    Danielle’s shower is taking place at her childhood home with 75 of their closest friends and I am working on an activity.   You know it involves PSA stamps!  Some of the bridesmaids went in on a big ticket registry item, so all I am showing up to the party with is a card.   Jennifer Holmes created this one that has me inspired.   She’s used stamps from PSA Mr. & Mrs. for the dress, the cake and the groom.   It’s a clean and simple style card, with an unexpected large white bow for a twist.     She’s colored the stamps up to make them extra special. 



While we are up there, my mother is also introducing Connor to all of her friends in Winchester and many of my friends, too!   She’s hosting a Sip & See party to show Connor and Molly off.  Should be fun and a great way to welcome my little one.    This other card by Jennifer Holmes uses the duck stamp from PSA Carriage.   I love this set for baby!


Jennifer took the time to carefully write out instructions for this great card which I thought I would share with you today – just in case you are interested in making the card!

 1.            Cut card base from Aqua Mist cardstock to create a 4 ¼ inch square card.  Round corners.
 2.            Cut patterned paper slightly smaller, round corners.  Ink edges with distress ink and adhere to front of card.
 3.            Cut felt with ric rac border die and adhere to front of card along bottom.
 4.            Using ribbon die, cut a piece of cream cardstock.
 5.            Slightly curve the sentiment onto an acrylic block.  Stamp sentiment onto ribbon die cut using Dark Chocolate ink.
 6.            Place die back onto cardstock and lightly sponge distress ink onto cardstock.  Adhere to front of card.
 7.            Using oval die, cut an oval shape from rustic cream cardstock.
 8.            Slightly stretch the border stamp into an oval shape onto an acrylic block.  Stamp border onto oval using aqua ink.
 9.            Stamp duck image in center of oval and color with Copic markers. Lightly sponge distress ink around edges.
10.            Cut a scalloped oval shape from Lemon Tart cardstock using die.
11.            Adhere stamped oval onto scalloped oval and adhere to front of card using foam dimensionals.

I am excited for the trip.  Wish us luck on the plane!  

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! Have fun and also have a safe flight!

    Tina
    aurathentic@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete