Thursday, March 10, 2011

Children’s Birthday Cards


Look for a great birthday card for an adult and there are generally a bevy of choices.  But if you've ever searched for a birthday card for KIDS, you may agree that the choices are more limited.  And why are they not as tasteful as adult cards?  It seems as if there's always a princess or a giant cartoon dog splattered on them.  I think we can step it up a little. Parents are really the ones that are reading them anyway!

Design team member Kelley Eubanks created three cards, perfect to send to children.  No cartoon dogs or princesses here, they are very tasteful.  The first one uses the rocket stamp from PSA Rocket Peel & Stick stamps.  I love the star patterned paper and the star embellishment next to the sentiment, "happy birthday."  There's Kelley with her twine again, too! (She wasn't kidding that she's into it. Looks great, doesn't it?)



Up next she created this, "You're One Great Kid" card, which I think is very Kate Spade.  In fact, I am quite sure that this is just the type of card Kate Spade would add to her collection of papers.  She's stamped the alligator from PSA Rocket.  You could send for a birthday, or include in your child's lunch box on a big day at school.  I can't wait until I can slip things into Molly's lunch box!



The next one isn't specific to children's birthday, and probably isn't specific to children either. But the crab is so cute, I thought of sending to a little boy or girl.  The red, black and white is a great color combination, and the black and white polka dots play nicely against the red and white.  The crab is also from PSA Rocket.  Great collection, don't you think?





Leave a comment today and let us know if you create children's birthday cards, or if you buy them – where have you found some good ones?

Supply Spotlight:
1) Stamps - Rocket by PSA Essentials, (sentiment) A Little Happy by Unity Stamp Co. Paper - Real Red by Stampin' Up, White and True Black Bitty Dot Basics by Papertrey. Ink - Real Red by Stampin' Up, Jenni Bowlin Fountain Pen by Ranger. Other - Classic Square Nesties, Big Shot, Stampin' Up Dimensionals and corner rounder. Kaiser Silver rhinestones

2) Stamps - Rocket by PSA Essentials, (sentiment) Birthday Basics by Papertrey. Paper- Kraft and Vintage Cream by Papertrey, More Mustard by Stampin' Up, True Blue 'Shining' paper from the Fine and Dandy collection by My Minds Eye. Ink - Jenni Bowlin Brown Sugar by Ranger, Wild Honey Distress by Ranger.  Other - May Arts Natural String, EK Success and Marvy Circle punches, Stampin' Up Dimensionals, Embossed Curve punch by EK Success, Zots glue dot, Mark Richards Metal Star, Tombow mono adhesive


 3) Rocket by PSA Essentials, Paper Stampin' Up,  PapertreyOther - Classic Square Nesties, Big Shot, Stampin' Up Dimensionals and corner rounder. Kaiser Silver rhinestones

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards, since I started making cards, I always create them to give.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i make mine. but i find that i'm very limited in that department ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just cannot bring myself to buy cards anymore since I make my own. And I used to love going into card stores! I love making birthday cards for children. I need to make one today because my youngest is going to a birthday party tomorrow. My daughters always ask me to make birthday cards for their friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was looking for a birthday card for a friend. I had zero luck finding what I was looking for. I told a group of friends about this problem one night while we were having a few drinks. We proceeded to get smashed and make up a bunch of greeting cards we found funny. I had been writing down the cards we made up and the next morning I read them. Much to my surprise the cards were still funny even when sober.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute Kelley!
    I make all my cards, I don't remember the last time I bought one in the store! I think I would feel bad if I did! :)

    ReplyDelete