Thursday, March 24, 2011

License Spotlight – Day 3: U.B.U


Have you ever driven down the highway and seen a minivan or SUV with stick figures representing a family stuck to the back? There's the Dad, the Mom, one kid holding a soccer ball, another holding a football, a little baby, and maybe a dog or a cat? That's U.B.U! (Correct pronunciation is: YOU BE YOU). My friend Erin Carmines loves the decals so much – I can't wait to get her one someday. U.B.U. just has cutest characters – designed to represent YOU and your family. We've got it licensed and have 9 Peel & Stick packs – there's definitely something for everyone here.

Jennifer Holmes illustrated all the great things you can do with our U.B.U. Peel & Stick stamps. Up first is this adorable card. She started with her sentiment "Brew up some fun" and coordinated it with the girl holding a beer and flag in the U.B.U. Happy Hour stamp set. How cute!




Next she created a party favor. Wouldn't this be great for a young boy's birthday party? It's a pencil cover. She's stamped from U.B.U. All Star. The little boy is holding a football. So, so creative!



Jennifer has taken a completely different direction with this last card. She's created an adorable wedding card. She's stamped the couples from U.B.U. Bicycle Bride and given them a little color. She's also stamped "Living Happily Ever After" from Smirk Kiss Me Now. I love how the flowers and hearts pop off the card. She's tied the ribbon on this card so perfectly! I also love that Jennifer uses die cutting to create a card that isn't a box. Isn't it refreshing to see a card in a different shape?




It's hard for me to choose my favorite U.B.U Peel & Stick pack, so I am just going to show you two of my favorites. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the U.B.U Happy Halloween. When you stamp each one out in a line on a card, you have the most adorable card you've ever seen. (Just go back and look at Carly Robertson's cards last Halloween). I am also a huge fan of Peppermint Swing for the holidays (mostly because I like that little girl in the stocking). Tell us what you think of U.B.U. today, or which is your favorite of ours in the collection. See all of them here: http://www.psaessentials.com/ubu.htm



Supply spotlight:
1) Project: Brew Up Some Fun Card,  Stamps: UBU Happy Hour Peel & Stamp Pack (PSA Essentials), Very Vintage Labels No. 1 (Waltzingmouse Stamps), Tiny Treats: Halloween and Polka Dot Basics (Papertrey Ink), Paper: Stamper’s Select White and Hawaiian Shores cardstock (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Smokey Shadow and Fresh Snow (Papertrey Ink), Tools: Labels One die (Spellbinders), Other: foam mounting tape, Copic markers, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers)

2) Project: Football Pencil Party Favor, Stamps:  UBU All Star Peel & Stick Pack (PSA Essentials)
Paper: Stamper’s Select White and New Leaf cardstock (Papertrey Ink), brown cardstock, Ink: Enchanted Evening (Papertrey Ink), Tuxedo Black Memento (Tsukineko), Tools: 1 ¾ inch and ½ inch punches (EK Success), classic circle die (Spellbinders), Other:  football digital image (Silhouette), pencil, foam mounting tape, Copic markers

3) Project:  Happily Ever After Wedding Card.  Stamps: UBU Bicycle Bride and Smirk Kiss Me Now Peel & Stick Packs (PSA Essentials), Fresh Alphabet (Papertrey Ink), Paper: Aqua Mist, Stamper’s Select White cardstock (Papertrey Ink), Ink: Smokey Shadow (Papertrey Ink), Tools: Labels One Grand Nestabilities die and classic long rectangle die (Spellbinders), Other:  Copic markers, Fresh Snow luxe satin ribbon and silver sheer metallic ribbon (Papertrey Ink), foam mounting tape.

6 comments:

  1. i absolutely LOVE that football party favor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kept going back and forth, because they are all so CUTE, but I settled on Bicycle Bride as my favorite set. I have never seen such an ADORABLE wedding set. I LOVE how you covered the whole timeline from dating to the wedding thank-you... that is so clever!
    Speaking of clever, I took a look at the ink pads to... ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super super cute, although I have never used them , I like the halloween set. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Libby, the samples today are sooo cute! I love the Christmas set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are super cute! My favorite set is girls got game cause of my daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Girls got Game set. My nieces would love it!

    Kristin
    ksully4597 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete