Thursday, June 13, 2013

An engagement party / Bridal Shower

I returned from Boston last night after a seven day trip.  I brought the kids so we could take advantage of things we don't have down in Bluffton, SC - like Canobie Lake Park (in Salem, NH), The Boston Children's Museum, The New England Aquarium and the Stone Zoo.   But the real reason I went was to co-host a shower/engagement party for my best friend Jenny and her fiance Dan.  Growing up Jenny was like a sister to me, any opportunity I had to bring a friend on a vacation, Jenny was the top of my list.  She traveled all around the world with me and my parents, they consider her like a second daughter, and so it was fitting to throw a celebration in her honor.  We didn't really know what to call it - was it an engagement party? A bridal shower? Just a party? Either way, it was great.

We ordered invitations from Wedding Paper Divas, this one called Elegant Lights: Dark Grey was fitting for the nautical night theme of the party.



The party was held on the Henry Longfellow boat by The Charles River Boat Company. They do private charters in Boston as well as weekday public tours up and down the Charles.  It was a real treat for us - not only did we go up and down the Charles but we went through the locks and into Boston Harbor.  It was a gorgeous night.


We did some minor decorating by hanging silver paper lanterns from the boat and also I created a picture garland to hang from the bar.  Extra pictures were taped up behind the bar to add a personal touch.



For flowers, we did simple peonies that I bought at Quincy Market and also cut down from my mom's garden in Winchester.   I also created these candles using my PSA Bouquet Toss Peel & Stick stamps, my brown and espresso ink, and my PSA Stamper.  I stamped "love", the wedding cake, the bouquet and the wedding bells from this set.



We got to see amazing views of Boston unlike any I have ever seen.






Everyone really seemed to enjoy themselves.  Here is Jenny and Dan and Jenny's brother and fiance Alyssa, then posing with her parents.





Here's Dan with all the girls... love this one!


My parents and Jenny!



It was great party for an incredible friend.  Cheers to Dan and Jenny!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos! That's my city!!! :) Looks like you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete