Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Bridal Week – Day 1


My favorite wedding blog called Snippet and Ink posted this picture last March. It's from Charleston Brides magazine and the dress is by Vera Wang.  For a non-traditional bridal look, a lime green dress would sure make a statement.  It is pretty though – isn't it?  How many of you didn't wear white, or don't plan to wear white?  A lot has changed since our grandparents got married – it's okay to break the mold.  See the whole spectacular photo shoot here: http://www.charlestonmag.com/weddings/photogallery/behind_the_scenes_classic_beauty






















Carly Robertson designed a beautiful wedding package for us – and she went with a less traditional, lime green approach. Her invitation opens like a present:






































She created these beautiful table centerpieces to mark which table guests sit at and to set the mood.



























She created a few jems that dub as napkin holders, so if you were outside the stack won't blow away. Or sprinkle on the table, or layer in a glass with flowers for a beautiful effect. Her entire bridal package looks like this:








































Leave a comment and tell us about your wedding dress –what you wore, or what you'd like to wear. Not the marrying type? Just tell us what you think of Carly's designs.

This was posted to Katie's Nesting Spot.



Supply Spotlight:
Stamps: Harrington personlized and Vanilla 10 (PSA Essentials); Card stock: glossy (A Muse Studio); tree table card holder, gem clasp and glass rocks (Michaels)

4 comments:

  1. Wow wish I would have known about this site when my daughter got married 3 1/2 yrs ago!!
    Just Beautiful! Love the ideas:)
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Kim, I wish I had these stamps when I was making my invites.
    My dress was off white and Champaign in colour, sleeveless, empire waist and sequins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I love this lime green! My little girl loves lime green...wonder if she'd do something like this for her wedding? ;)

    My dress was traditional white and with it being August I had a spaghetti strap, but a full train. It was a pretty simple dress (my style) but had some intricate beadwork on the bodice...loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I'm a green girl!!! Love this design! Simple and Elegant with a bit of bling!

    ReplyDelete