Monday, January 17, 2011

Monday Inspiration Challenge: 1/17

Last week's inspiration image was from Jack Affleck, a Colorado photographer who's work appears in Time, National Geographic, and other major magazines.   The image of a flower girl in the mountains was so striking to me.  



Why so striking?  It reminds me of myself at my father's wedding.   I was older than this girl, about 10.  He married my stepmother at a chapel in Beaver Creek, Colorado.   I remember so fondly the ceremony (my dad cried!), the reception (they had sorbet between courses...you don't forget that as a young girl), and their send off (they were in a horse drawn carriage.)    A year after their wedding, my dad had a heart-attack and passed away.   It was sad, difficult, all the things you go through with a loss.   I am stronger for it today and believe everything happens for a reason. 

I am inspired to show you a card that Carly Robertson made for us, she created it for a February Design Team assignment but it's PERFECT to share today.    The "In Sympathy" sentiment is appropriate when reaching out to a friend who's lost a loved one, and the color combination is coincidentally very fitting for this inspiration image. 


Alright, so Monday's at PSA Stamp Camp aren't supposed to be a downer, so let's get inspired with another image this week!   I've choosen a Country Harvest Toile.   I'll be interested in seeing what you come up with using this color palate, style, or pattern as inspiration.  Remember that the translation need not be literal, so feel free to stretch your designs here.  Send your image by 5 pm on Sunday and it may be posted here a week from today!



Supply Spotlight: Cardstock: A Muse Studio; Stamps: (Love Birds) PSA Essentials; Ribbon: A Muse Studio.


No comments:

Post a Comment