Monday, January 3, 2011

Monday Inspiration Challenge: 1/3

Happy New Year everyone! A print by Jackie Johnston was last week's inspiration image.





















I was so encouraged to see how many submissions we got! Here are a select few of the designs we received. The first one is my creation – I found this gorgeous glittery card stock by AC Cardstock. I stamped the champagne glasses from PSA Love Birds and used "have a great day" rubber stamp by Stupendous. I just purchased this sentiment stamp set last week at Michael's. I'm not a big rubber stamper (since I have hundreds of PSA designs at my disposal…) but I enjoyed playing with them.






















This design is by Nicki Sheck – you can check out her blog here. http://idreamcreateinspire.blogspot.com/. She was feelin' the glitter, too!





















This simple yet very elegant card (I think it's the black bow that screams "elegance"…) was designed and submitted by Kandi Phillips. I like her playfulness with shapes and pushing the design off the page.





















Design team member Julia Aston created this cute "Celebrate" card. The papers used are such a great translation of the inspiration image. I have to thank Julia for all of her great tips she's given me over the last few months. She recommended a new photo light which has really helped improved the quality of the images I am taking for the blog. Get ready for some MUCH improved photography here!




















This last card is another quick one by me. The inspiration image has hints of orange and the tiniest hint of warm pink. The fun paper flowers are from Martha Stewart's collection. My thought process for the sentiment when like this: The inspiration image of champagne reminds me of the New Year Holiday… New Years is about Peace…. A dove is a symbol of Peace. And Best Wishes in the New Year….






















We need a little color after all the black and white, so here's a gorgeous bouquet to inspire us. Sometimes it is hard on the internet to give proper photo credit. I found this image on my favorite wedding blog, Snippet and Ink.com. The labels gave photo credit to Chelsea Fuss… I did a little research and she's a talented Floral Designer and prop stylist. http://www.frolic-blog.com/frolic/frolicabout.html. Thank-you for the inspiration Chelsea!


4 comments:

  1. What fun cards!! I love all the glittery champagne glasses. And I love the new inspiration image. Life is back to normal this week so i'm hoping to find some time to be inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The inspiration image is PERFECT for the 6 x 6 book I'll be working on tomorrow night...I'm trying to go vintage-y and girlie, what better than flowers and ribbons ? And I have 2 chances this week to get to the PSA stores....if I don't get there this month, I'll keep trying...maybe a stickie on the steering wheel (or on my forehead) will help!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these are all so much fun, love the great examples from the inspiration photo! Can't wait to try this next one! Thanks for sharing my card on the blog! :)

    ReplyDelete