I love the Pampers commercial with slogan, “You’ll have a child forever, but a baby for just a year.” So true! It seemed like Molly changed almost instantly into a toddler at 12months. Celebrating turning one is a huge milestone. This card by Jennifer Holmes celebrates it beautifully and therefore makes my Top 15 Super Star Cards.
Why it works: The elephant from PSA Little Bunny combined with the cut out of the baby onesie is appropriate for a baby’s 1st birthday. Natural paper, grey, pink and cream colors work beautifully together. I love the dimension Jennifer has achieved with the onesie, the “1” stamp from PSA Vanilla framed in a scalloped die cut, felt scalloped trim, and the ribbon. It’s interesting and beautiful!
What you’ll need:
· Stamps: Little Bunny and Vanilla 10 Peel & Stick Packs (PSA Essentials), Bitty Baby Blessings (Papertrey Ink)
· Paper: Kraft, Vintage Cream, Lavender Moon (Papertrey Ink), cream (Bazzil Basics)
· Tools: circle punch (Stampin’ Up!), classic scalloped circle die (Spellbinders), perforating tool (Memory Makers), medium scalloped border die (Papertrey Ink), Silhouette Digital Cutter
· Other: Vintage Cream wool felt, Lavender Moon swiss dot ribbon, Harvest Gold vintage button (Papertrey Ink), Copic marker, foam mounting tape
How to recreate it:
- Randomly stamp elephant image all over card base and color with Copic marker.
- Die cut scalloped border out of wool felt and adhere to bottom of card.
- Tie ribbon around card, making a bow. Add button to center.
- Die cut onesie image using Silhouette digital cutter or other die cutting machine.
- Using perforating tool, create stitch lines around onesie.
- Stamp elephant image onto front of card and color with Copic marker.
- Stamp sentiment under elephant image.
- Adhere onesie to card using foam mounting tape.
- Die cut scalloped circle from lavender cardstock.
- Stamp number “1” onto cream cardstock, punch out with circle punch and adhere to scalloped circle. Adhere this to the front of card.
Want to win Peel & Stick packs? If you’re inspired by this card, recreate it exactly or do a variation. Upload it to our Facebook page! Each time you share a card on our Facebook timeline, you’ll earn one entry to win 3 PSA Essentials Peel & Stick packs of your choice. We’ll choose just one winner from all the entries so good luck and happy card making!