This card by Jennifer Holmes makes my Top 15 Super Star Cards – out of the thousands we have to choose from – because quite simply, it makes me happy.
Why it works: The bright card stock is sure to pop out of any mailbox. The three sunglasses stamped from PSA Life’s A Beach are colored up and beachy. I love the rectangular scalloped die cut paper that frames the row of glasses. The colors all work together!
What you’ll need:
· Stamps: Life’s a Beach Peel & Stick Pack (PSA Essentials), Fillable Frames #5 (Papertrey Ink)
· Paper: Stamper’s Select White, Lemon Tart and Raspberry Fizz (Papertrey Ink)
· Ink: Black Tuxedo Memento (Tsukineko)
· Tools: Long classic and scalloped rectangle dies (Spellbinders), adhesive rhinestones (KaiserCrafts)
· Other: foam dimensionals, twine (The Twinery), markers (Copic)
How to recreate it:
- Cut card base from yellow cardstock (6x6).
- Cut long rectangle from white cardstock using die.
- Cut slightly larger scalloped rectangle from raspberry cardstock using die.
- Stamp sunglasses onto white cardstock and stamp sentiment underneath.
- Color sunglasses with markers and add rhinestones to corners.
- Tie twine around front of card and tie a bow.
- Adhere white cardstock and raspberry cardstock together and adhere to front of card with foam dimensionals.
Want to win Peel & Stick packs? If you’re inspired by this card, recreate it exactly or do a variation. Upload it to our Facebook page! Each time you share a card on our Facebook timeline, you’ll earn one entry to win 3 PSA Essentials Peel & Stick packs of your choice. We’ll choose just one winner from all the entries so good luck and happy card making!