Friday, August 8, 2014

DIY Wine Charms


I've been sharing tutorials on all the details of my friend's bachelorette party a few weeks ago -- today I am sharing how to make your own wine charms.  They are very easy!  I found the tags (paper inserted into the metal tag with the hole already punched) by Recollections at Michael's and used my PSA Essentials stamps to create the easiest DIY Wine Charms around. 

I used a variety of wedding themed Peel & Stick stamps by PSA Essentials to stamp onto the charms. You can use any theme of stamp here depending on your party.  I used Smirk, Love Birds, Mr. & Mrs. Peel & Stick by PSA.  I did not use my PSA Stamper -- since the tags were uneven with the metal on the outer ring, I chose to use the clear stamp on the back of the ink cover. I didn't even use an acyrlic block (couldn't find it.... I bet Connor stole it!) This worked just fine. 


I put the clear stamp by PSA Essentials on the back of the ink pad cover and dipped it into the ink. Then I carefully stamped onto the tag. What I truly love about our PSA Stamper is that you get crisp and clean impressions every time. When you are stamping with hand pressure, you are likely to have some that don't come out just right. I wasted a few tags...


For the most part, they all turned out great!

I tied them with twine from The Twinery onto the glasses and they were done. They were a great help in identifying who's glass was who's during the party!  Easy and inexpensive to make, these charms can be used over and over again -- especially if you seal with a water proof top coat. 


So what do you think? Will you try making your own wine charms soon? 

No comments:

Post a Comment