Thursday, April 5, 2012

Easter Egg Hunt - Bags Tutorial

For the second annual Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday, I made some bags for the kids to collect their eggs in.   That way people weren’t scrambling for something at the party, or felt a need to bring a big basket.   


Personalizing them was easy with my Peel & Stick stamps and a few crafty materials.   For these I used:

·         Brown paper gift bags (Michael’s)
·         Colorful cardstock
·         Colorbox Pink and Orange Ink
·         PSA Essentials Vanilla Peel & Stick stamps – all three packs
·         PSA Essentials Little Bunny Peel & Stick stamps
·         PSA Stamper loaded with plum purple ink and espresso ink
·         PSA Essentials Custom stamp – mine reads:  “2nd Annual Easter Egg Hunt – March 31st, 2012”
·         PSA Essentials Topiary Peel  Stick stamps -  the easter egg stamp
·         3D Zap Dots 
·         May Arts Ribbon – Baby Blue

First get everything out and your work space ready. 


Load the acrylic block with the name.  I did two letters at a time.   Remember, you have to load it backwards to read left to right when it’s stamped!


Ink it up in the pink ink.



Using my custom stamp that reads – “2nd Annual Easter Egg Hunt – March 31st, 2012” and the easter egg stamp from PSA Topiary,  I stamped onto bright yellow cardstock with espresso ink.      I used a 1.5” circle punch and adhered it to a 2” circle punch in orange with 3D foam dots.   


Then I stamped the bunny from PSA Little Bunny using my PSA Stamper and plum purple ink.  I stamped three at the bottom.   


I used my May Arts Ribbon in baby blue to finish the look.



Each of the 13 kids had a personalized bag.    The personalization took some time but was worth it, even if the rain got them wet... 



I linked this post up to some of my favorite link parties on the web!  Check out these great sites and find out more about linking parties.


·         Beyond the Picket Fence -  http://bec4-beyondthepicketfence.blogspot.com/
·         36 Avenue - http://www.the36thavenue.com/
·         House of Hepworths - http://www.houseofhepworths.com/
·         Katie’s Nesting Spot – Thursday nights - http://www.katiesnestingspot.com/
·         Posted at Show off your Stuff Party at Fireflies and Jellybeans.

5 comments:

  1. THIS IS ADORABLE!!! What a great idea!! i love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Libby: I just posted your lovely blog on Pininterest to bring more followers your way.....http://pinterest.com/pin/45739752435615244/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I love the ability to have a custom stamp. Your little egg hunters are pretty cute too. Thank you for sharing on A Crafty Soiree.

    ReplyDelete