Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Welcome Home

I used to travel considerably for work.  Before I joined PSA Essentials full-time in November 2010, I worked for a marketing company that was based out of California.  I frequently traveled to LA for trainings and meetings.  My territory was the Mid-Atlantic so I covered South Carolina to Washington, DC and also sometimes Boston and New York.   I was on a plane at least 3 times a month, some weeks gone for 5 or 6 days at a time.   The job was thrilling and rewarding but also grueling.    With Molly and my family now, minimal travel for work is ideal.

I can’t imagine traveling like that again with a family, but some people don’t have an option.  Kim Schofield created a 2-page layout of her family welcoming her home from a business trip last June.  She doesn’t travel all that much for work either, but she says, “a short break from the ordinary is fun, but being at home with my husband and children is my favorite place to be.”  Well said & ditto!

I love the great airport pictures of the boys in this layout.    She’s stamped the airplane from PSA Rocket and the “Business trip” from PSA Mom’s Calendar Peel & Stick pack. 




I love how she stamped onto paper, cut the plane out, and then adhered with 3D foam.  Gives it dimension and a pop!



To recreate a layout like this, you will need the following supplies:

·         Stamps: Airplane (PSA Rocket)  and “Business Trip” sentiment (PSA Mom’s Calendar)
·         Designer Paper: Echo Park
·         Letter Stickers: American Crafts & Michaels
·         Cloud Dies: Sweet ‘n Sassy
·         Felt: Papertreyink
·         Brads: Stampin’ Up!
·         Trail stamp behind the planes – Papertreyink
·         Large scallop die – Papertreyink

Share your latest creation on Facebook with us – we want to see what you are up to! 

No comments:

Post a Comment