Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter Egg Hunt - Party Favors

I wanted guests to take something home from the Easter Egg Hunt last week so I put together goody baskets from the Easter Bunny.   Each of the kids who attended the party are really special to me, Mike and Molly.  They are friends that I have developed from different activities like gymnastics or May River Montessori, through a mom's support group, or have known for years before we had kids.   I love them all and wanted to do something extra special.


I started with these plastic containers that I found at Target.   At $1 each, they were perfect!


I personalized each with their name and a Sharpie paint pen.




Added natural crinkle and bunny ears, also just $1 each at Target!


Then in went the CD’s. I like to think that I am known for making great mixed CD’s for kid parties.  For each of the parties I have thrown for Molly – both her birthday parties and both Easter Egg hunts, I’ve made a mix of songs which Molly likes at the time for the guests to take home.   This time, I made a new mix with these kid (and somewhat adult friendly) songs.   You too can download these great tunes – find them all on iTunes.


To make the CD’s more fun,  I made cover artwork using:

·         PSA Essentials Little Bunny Peel & Stick stamps – the little bunny stamp
·         PSA Essentials Topiary Peel  Stick stamps -  the easter egg stamp
·         PSA Stamper loaded with plum purple ink and espresso ink
·         Helmar adhesive tape runner
·         Marvey 2” Square punch
·         Marvey 1.5” Circle punch
·         Colorful cardstock
·         Touch Twin Markers
·         Martha Stewart Trim board
·         Martha Stewart Bunny punch
·         Twinery twine – 3 colors

To recreate this for your next party, start by organizing your materials.



Cut the cardstock into 4.75 x 4.75 pieces and try these 4 ideas for covers.  This one uses PSA Little Bunny in purple ink on purple cardstock, “Happy Easter” sentiment from PSA Topiary onto blue cardstock, punched out with the square punch. 


This one uses the easter egg stamp from PSA Topiary and espresso brown ink onto green paper.  Then I colored up the eggs with my Touch Twin markers.  This one is my fave. 



In this one, I played with the idea of balloons and stamps.  I used twine from The Twinery as string, and stamps from PSA Topiary (egg and Happy Easter) and Little Bunny.


In this next idea, I used the bunnies that were punched out of cardstock for another project and fastened them with Helmar adhesive tape runner. 


Back to the baskets, in went a personalized stamp by PSA Essentials.  I tried to do a mix of stamp styles that suit each one.  For Alice, I chose Princess. 


For Ella, I chose Gillian. 


For Griffin, I chose Nellie. 


For Jess, I chose Maegen.  



I hope all the kids will enjoy crafting with our stamps – later on, their parents can get Peel & Stick packs for each occasion or holiday.  Now, they can stamp the inside of books, their artwork, thank you notes for gifts they receive, and just about anything a parent needs to keep track of.  


The baskets looked so cute and everyone was excited to receive their stamp!  You can get all the kids designs right now for just $26.50 at Cyber Savvy Shop.   Head on over now, these stamps are usually $40 and on-sale for $26.50 for a limited time only at Cyber Savvy


3 comments:

  1. What a cute idea for the baskets -- really looks like a bunny is in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea. I love how you decorated the baskets. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for any type of party, but really, really special for Easter.Great job and I bet the kids will love them. Especially the CD's and personalized stamp. I haven't used PSA products before, now I see what I have been missing. Love what you did. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete