Monday, June 11, 2012

Graduation Layout


Graduating high school is one of those times in your life you’ll remember forever.  For me who went to The University of Michigan with 6,000 people in my undergraduate class, my college diplomas (yes, I like people to know that there are two…) were mailed to me.   High school graduation was different.   It felt monumentous.   It wasn’t just because of the accomplishment of completing school, but because I graduated from my parents and was leaving my friends.   I graduated and became an adult (sort of), headed off to college later that summer, and truly survived on my own. 

This epic time in someone’s life is certainly worthy of a scrapbook page if you’re a scraper.   Here’s an idea by Kim Schofield.  She’s used our new Asian Symbols and Asian Icon stamps available only at Smithsonian Museum Stores.   This was the perfect collection for Kim’s friends daughter who majored in Chinese. 


Here are some close-ups of the stamps.




Supplies used:
·         Designer Paper – Graphic 45
·         KaiserCraft – Rhinestone Swirl
·         PSA Essentials Asian Symbols & Asian Icons available only at Smithsonian Museum Stores: & ).
·         Grad Letters – Idea-ology (Tim Holtz)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful layout. And there is nothing wrong with telling people you have two diplomas from college! Be proud!! I personally think that is something to brag about. :)

    ReplyDelete