A card hardly seems like a sufficient way to thank a member of our military service. The sacrifice of being away from their home, friends and family to protect us and keep us safe is tremendous and overwhelming. But a simple thank-you card is a start to showing your appreciation. If you know someone serving, try this card by Tami Mayberry and see why it makes my Top 15 Super Star cards of all time at PSA Stamp Camp.
Why it works: It’s bold and graphic with the shapes and stars. The color scheme is patriotic and appropriate. I love the heart flag stamp from PSA Topiary Peel & Stick pack stamped in red. Show your love of USA with this stamp!
What you’ll need:
· Card stock: Discount CardStock (White, Red, Navy, Light Blue)
· Stamp: PSA Essentials (Country Home)
· Ink: PSA Essentials (Holiday Red)
· Dies: Spellbinders (Stars, Classic Circles, Pennants)
· 3D Foam Squares
How to recreate it:
1. Cut 5 ½ x 8 ½-inch piece of white card stock. Score and fold in half.
2. Cut two red panels and two blue panels measuring 1 ½ x 2 ½-inches.
3. Adhere evenly across card base trimming side strips to fit.
4. Die cut star designs from dark blue and light blue card stock.
5. Stamp heart and border onto white card stock using holiday red ink. Cut out with circle die.
6. Adhere to card base.
8. Stamp greeting onto light blue card stock. Cut out with ribbon die. Adhere between red circle and stars.
Want to win Peel & Stick packs? If you’re inspired by this card, recreate it exactly or do a variation. Upload it to our Facebook page! Each time you share a card on our Facebook timeline, you’ll earn one entry to win 3 PSA Essentials Peel & Stick packs of your choice. We’ll choose just one winner from all the entries so good luck and happy card making!