Adding to our list today of Super Star cards is a “hi” card by Jennifer Holmes. It seems that the days of writing an old-fashioned letter are gone – we’re quick to send an email or a text, and more reluctant to pick up a pen and paper. But receiving a card in the mail “just because” could really make someone’s day.
Why it works: The flower stamps from PSA Life’s A Beach stamped on an acrylic block in varying inks are so bright and cheery! It’s like getting a bouquet of flowers. The orange polka dot ribbon is unexpected – the ribbon gives the card dimension and depth that makes the card even more special.
What you’ll need:
· Stamps: Vanilla Alphabet, “H” Monogram, Life’s A Beach Peel & Stick Packs (PSA Essentials)
· Paper: Stamper’s Select White and Raspberry Fizz (Papertrey Ink), Purple (Bazzil Bassics)
· Ink: Raspberry Fizz and True Black (Papertrey Ink), Cameo Coral, Elegant Eggplant and Certainly Celery (Stampin’ Up!)
· Tools: Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), circle punch (EK Success), Classic Circle die (Spellbinders)
· Other: Berry Sorbet Swiss Dot Ribbon (Papertrey Ink), glitter (MarthaStewart Crafts), markers (Copic), foam dimensionals, glue pen
How to recreate it:
1. Make card base from purple cardstock.
2. Cut a slightly smaller piece of white cardstock for front. Round corners.
3. Stamp floral stamp randomly along bottom half of white cardstock. Color centers with coordinating Copic markers.
4. Using a glue pen, add glitter to center of flowers.
5. Tie ribbon around cardstock and tie a bow. Adhere to card base.
6. Stamp “h” and “i” onto white cardstock. Punch out with circle die.
7. Cut out slightly larger circle from Raspberry Fizz cardstock.
8. Adhere two circles together and adhere to card using foam dimensionals.
Want to win Peel & Stick packs? If you’re inspired by this card, recreate it exactly or do a variation. Upload it to our Facebook page! Each time you share a card on our Facebook timeline, you’ll earn one entry to win 3 PSA Essentials Peel & Stick packs of your choice. We’ll choose just one winner from all the entries so good luck and happy card making!