There are so many ends of the Christmas card spectrum. There are the people that send Christmas cards out the day after Thanksgiving, like my friend Heather McKinney. Then there are the people that send Christmas cards as New Years cards in February. You know who you are… [Mom]. If you’d like to fall somewhere in between, then be sure to check out the last two posts and keep reading today. Here are a few more great ideas from our fabulous design team.
Mara also created this Merry Christmas card. I love all the punches she’s using! Be sure to check out which ones she’s using in the supply spot light. I’ve already added several of them to my wish list for the craft room at PSA!
Perhaps you’d like a non-secular card and just want to wish someone Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas. This is a great approach by Mara Campbell. Sometimes people are so sick of red and green already at this time of year! This wintery themed card may be just the right thing to cure that sickness.
Another great card from Mara is shown below. On this one, she’s using U.B.U. Ms. Claus stamps and she’s colored them in. I love when people color in their stamps – it adds such another great dimension to the stamp and the card! I also think her stitching on the card is beautiful. She’s stamped joy, peace and love from PSA Treo Peel & Stick pack, too.
I have three great cards here from our designer Julia Aston. I love Julia’s designs, I think they are really appealing to all audiences. She has a very graphic approach: card layouts are either beautifully symmetric or interestingly asymmetric. I also like how she uses patterned papers to create dimension. She’s another one of our designers that I would pay $6.95 for a card at a stationery store.
How fun would it be to receive one of these in the mail? Time to get cracking on making my cards!
1. Happy Holidays star Card: Stamps: Smirk Happy Holidays Peel & Stick (PSA Essentials). Paper: Poppy (Papertrey Ink), October Afternoon. Tools: Cricut, Fiskars circle punch. Other: Bling (Queen & Company), Ribbon (Maya Road)
2. Merry Christmas card: Stamps: Smirk Merry Christmas Peel & Stick (PSA Essentials). Paper: Poppy and Aqua Mist (Papertrey Ink). Tools: Cricut, Fiskars circle punch and border punch. Other: Glitter (Paptertrey Ink), Button (misc), Ribbon (Offray) Ink (PSA Essentials).
3. Happy Holidays card (blue): Stamps: Smirk Happy Holidays Peel & Stick (PSA Essentials). Paper: Bazzill, Snowflake cardstock (KI Memories). Tools: Fiskars circle punch. Other: Ink, (PSA Essentials), Bling (Queen & Company), Button (Papertrey Ink), Baker’s Twine (The Twinery), Fabric (misc)
4. Joy Peace Love card: Stamps: UB Ms Claus and Treeo Peel & Stick (PSA Essentials), Polkadot Basics (Papertrey Ink). Paper: Poppy, Sweet Blush (Papertrey Ink). Tools: Fiskars border punch. Other: Twine (The Twinery), Buttons (American Crafts) Ink (PSA Essentials and Papertrey Ink), colored pencils (Prismacolor)
5. Santa's List Card: Stamps: Smirk Merry Christmas (PSA Essentials). Card Stock: Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink). Patterned Paper: Beloved (My Mind's Eye). Other: Vintage Buttons & Silk Ribbon (Papertrey Ink). White Gel Pen ( Uniball Signo), circle punch (Stampin Up).
6. Happy Holidays Star. Stamps: Smirk Happy Hollidays (PSA Essentials). Card Stock: White (Papertrey Ink). Patterned Paper: Bitty Star Basics (Papertrey Ink). Other: fabric tape (e2daily), copics, Star Nestability (Spellbinders)
7. Snoopy's Merry Christmas. Stamps: Snoopy (PSA Essentials). Card Stock: White (Papertrey Ink). Patterened Paper: Bitty Star Basics (Papertrey Ink); Christmas Pack (DCWV). Other: paper doily (Michaels ), Lace punch (Martha Stewart), Copics, Ribbon Saddle stitched Enchanted Evening (Papertrey Ink), rhinestone stickers (Michaels)