Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Bachelorette Party Madness



Sunday morning at least three dozen people woke up in the city of Charleston, SC with a PSA stamp tattooed to their body. Four girls and I jetted off to celebrate Susan getting married in two weeks – we stayed at the fancy Charleston Place Hotel, drank mint juleps at lunch on King Street, power shopped, basked in the sun, and watched the Derby. And that only brings me to about 6:45 pm.

We stumbled upon the most delightful rustic Italian wine bar where we happened to sit next to the GM of 39 Rue de Jean, the restaurant where we had 8:30 reservations for dinner. Our new friend the GM called over and we got VIP treatment – comped appetizers, a great table and waiter, and discounted bill. I'd recommend the restaurant to anyone not just because we got the VIP treatment. The food is outstanding! The onion soup, mussles aioli, froie gras, and escargot were some of the best dishes I have had. (It's obviously French but strangely, they also have lots of sushi!) http://www.39ruedejean.com/



I had two custom PSA Essentials stamps made: "Final Fling Before The Ring – Susan's Bachelorette Party" and "Buy me a shot, I'm Tying the Knot." I used them to create a few goodies for the party – some gift wrap, a CD cover for some getting ready music, and "dare cards." We all sat around the pool coming up with dares for Susan to do. (Get a guys phone number, ninja someone's drink…)




But what I am guessing you really want to see all those people getting stamps that I told you about. Around 10:00 pm the stampers came out of the purse and started going onto people! Susan and I really got carried away… we stamped the DJ, people in line at the restroom, people waiting outside to get in the bar, anyone who would take one.





Note that mostly we are stamping men. Girls weren't as interested in it, though we did get some girls. I am telling you: if you want to spice things up at your next party: order a custom stamp! I bet by the end of the night, people are wearing them all over.  Though it's not the intended use of the stamps, the ink is non-toxic and washes away pretty easily with soap and water.   It's a fun party favor. 

I am excited for the wedding in two weeks! Will be sure to document it and you are likely to see some stamps there, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment