Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day


While Memorial Day often means pool parties, barbeques and the unofficial start to summer, let us not forget that the day is intended to honor members of our military who died in service. Serving in the military is something I can't imagine doing myself. I am not brave enough, I am scared just walking to my car in the grocery parking lot at dusk.

I have three friends who have served – Justin Berauskus, Eric Donahue, and Rollo Begley. When they were in Iraq or Afghanistan, I prayed for their safe return often. Home now, the sad reality is that not all our soliders make it home. Today I'd like to take a moment to honor those brave men and women who serve, and also those who have passed away in service.

Here are some patriotic cards to share by three talented designers, Tami Mayberry, Carly Robertson & Anthonette Chavez.




2 comments: