Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Bridal Week, Day 2


I could have had a career in wedding planning.   A few years ago, I looked at ditching the architecture firm I was at and seriously considered opening a business down in Hilton Head planning weddings.   Then I realized that meant I would have to work really hard on the weekends during my favorite time of year (Spring, Summer and Fall).   Call me lazy, but I don't love planning weddings enough to give up my weekend time with my family.   And then I thought harder and realized  I'd have to work with demanding and difficult brides.  Scratch that idea. 

Kim Moreno created this invitaiton for a casual wedding.   I'm pretty sure Mike would have forbid me to choose this shade of bubble gum pink, but there are plenty of brides that get away with it.  She stamped the wedding bells from PSA Mr. & Mrs.   What I like about this invitation the most is the scallopped edges.   She's used a fun punch to create interest. 





Wouldn't these flowers be perfect for this wedding?  I love rannuculus! Chelsea Fuss at Frollic made these.

 
Chelsea Fuss also directed me to this May's issue of Saveur.   Strawberry cake would fit nicely in this wedding.  (See, I can fantasy plan in blogland and no working Saturday nights!)



Kim created a coordinating "Thank-you card" to her invitation and stamped with PSA Rosettas.



She also created this favor box.   Stick some chocolates inside or local goodies and your guests go home happy.   She stamped from PSA Rosetta Peel & Stick™ and PSA Archive Peel & Stick™. 



What colors would you choose for your wedding?  (Or did you choose?)  Let us know today!   5 more days until Susan & Luke's wedding!

11 comments:

  1. I had a lot of colors in mine, hehehe! It was more of a winter theme wedding being in Nov., and I chose Maroon, Navy Blue, Emerald Green, and Silver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet projects, love everything matching. My colors were peach and white. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea! A pink cake would have been amazing at our "Pink and Platinum" wedding (even my dress was pink-HA!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful projects! My colors were navy blue and silver.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute projects! I've actually thought of doing wedding planning too because I love to make cards and favors. Same dilemma here though :) TFS

    Tiffany
    http://sparkledmemories.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the pink and all created! i chose light pink, blue, mauve and creme for our colors.. 11 yrs ago! congrat's.. prayers for a sunny awesome day!
    parkernana5@cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pink, I didn't think it would work, but love it!! My colors were (back in 1999) Burgandy and Forest Green, I wasn't very creative back then lol. My friend wants Hot Pink and Chocolate brown whenever she gets married, they are beautiful colors together. I hope they have a very beautiful day, and life together.
    Hugs,
    Melissa D
    mkds312@hotmail.com
    sleeplesswonder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete