Friday, March 1, 2013

Baby Sprinkle


Wondering what a "Sprinkle" is?  It's a scaled down version of a Baby Shower for a mom-to-be who’s expecting a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th, child – not her first.   I held one a few years ago for my friend Ashley who was pregnant with her second daughter, Owsley.   The celebration turned out to be a lovely afternoon celebrating a mother, her baby about to be born, and the friends and family that love them both.

The invitation came from Tiny Prints baby shower invitations. We went with the Dainty Dishes design because it went perfectly with the theme.  


For the invitaiton, I used my Wallace personalized stamp and switched out the middle for the umbrella in PSA Carriage Peel & Stick stamps.  Switching out my middle was easy, as was switching out my ink for espresso brown.  This is an added touch to your envelopes and looks great in the mail! 


We hosted the Sprinkle at The Cottage, a historic Bluffton residence circa 1882 turned restaurant. Owner Lesley kept us well fed with red velvet cake, key lime pie, espresso cheese cake, pimento tea sandwiches, chicken curry sandwiches, snickerdoodle scones, short bread cookies, 5 different teas, and what’s an afternoon tea without champagne?




Of course I decorated a ton for Ashley with my PSA Peel & Stick stamper and the Carriage Collection: a memory box from the Container Store, a basket for small presents, gift wrap and tags – even place cards. I stamped the carriage, worked some calligraphy magic, and embellished with a pearl. (Note the fancy diaper cake which I can’t claim credit for. This is Susan’s best diaper cake yet!)


A huge thanks to co-hosts Susan and Ginny – and to all our guests. I had a wonderful time celebrating Ashley and her precious Owsley (due any day!)




No comments:

Post a Comment