Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Martini Madness



With basketball March madness over and the final four done, it's time for a new madness. Martini madness!



A few years back, the "in" drink was the Cosmo, courtesy Carrie Bradshaw & friends at SATC. Cosmos were soon followed by Apple Martinis and Pomegranate concoctions. Now I can honestly say that I am not sure what the "in" drink is? I don't frequent bars like I used to… in fact, the last time I had a night out at a bar was when I was up in NYC for Jenny's birthday. All of my girls were drinking vodka and soda. Just my opinion, but that drink has zero flavor (and zero calories which I think is part of the appeal?) and I am not allowed to have vodka. But that's another story…

Anthonette Chavez found a great recipe for Apple Martinis, and created this recipe card on Skip to My Lou. I love discovering web gems like Skip to My Lou! They have templates that you populate and customize, and you can print for free. Check it out here: http://www.skiptomylou.org/2010/03/05/free-printable-recipe-cards/ . When it was printed, she stamped the martini glass from PSA Frenchie Peel & Stick™. How cute!



I thought of PSA Frenchie as a very "young" stamp set, but really you can do some pretty adult designs and projects with them. It's actually a really versatile pack since there's something for everyone in the family here.



Tell me today: what's the "in" drink these days?

14 comments:

  1. I think it's already jumped the shark, but I love mojitos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a margarita gal, but that apple martini sure does look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh i love these stamps. They are so cool. Hmmm over here there is a drink called green sweater thats a big hit...lol

    Hugs from Lilli =)
    www.crazycardmaker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this!
    Very cool!

    I used to be big on Lemon Drops, don't know what is "in" right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a beer kind of girl personally, but all my friends drink Mojitos, so I *think* they're in... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love rockstar energy drinks with vodka.. totally bad for you but soo yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great link - thanks! And I'm a Baileys Irish Cream gal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The "in" drinks for my girls is either cranberry juice and vodka :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh gosh - had to give up drinking because of medication a few years ago. I never do the "in" thing anyway, so I have no clue !

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a Pinot Grgio sipper myself!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all things martinis. It depends on the season- when it is out out I like a mojito - light and crisp - perfect for a warm sunny day . Most of all it just depends on my mood
    perderg@q.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally agree on the vodka soda thing...no FLAVOR! I just love a nice glass of wine :)

    ReplyDelete