Having tried my hand at wreath making for the 2ndAnnual Easter Egg Hunt, I thought I’d go for a year-round wreath for our front door. I wanted something natural looking and personal. Here’s how this one turned out.
I chose to go with an “O” for O’Regan and I stamped the wooden letter with my “O’Regan” Wallace personalized stamp.
To recreate this, you will need:
· A foam wreath (got mine at Michael’s)
· Plastic flowers
· Wooden letter
· Personalized stamp (used PSA Essentials Wallace)
· Martha Stewart gold ink
· Acrylic block
· Hot glue gun
· Twine from The Twinery
· May Arts Ribbon
Start by stamping the wooden letter with your stamp.
Next, wrap your foam wreath in burlap, using your hot glue gun to secure it.
Now add your flowers with your hot glue gun. You will want to break them down to smaller vines so they stick with the hot glue. If it’s too heavy, they won’t adhere. Don’t worry if you get some glue on the burlap, you can cover it up with flowers after. While that dries, use finishing spray on your stamped letter.
When it’s all dry, it’s time to tie your letter onto the wreath with twine. This was the hardest part for me and I still don’t think it looks even.
When it’s all threaded, tie a ribbon to then hang from the door hanger. I used May Arts Natural Twine Ribbon for this. Now, my wreath is ready to hang on the door.
What do you think?
· Craft O Maniac - craftomaniac.blogspot.com
· Sumo Sweet Stuff - sumossweetstuff.blogspot.com
· Nineth Street Notions - ninthstreetnotions.blogspot.com
· Weekend Warrior Party – Ask Anna Mosley - http://www.askannamoseley.com/
· Creating Really Awesome Free Things - http://creatingreallyawesomefreethings.com/